Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Short but Enjoyable Trip back to Malaysia

Was back in my homeland for a short 10 days for my cousin's wedding and thought it was appropriate to blog about it. 10days ? Yeap ! I was crazy enough to skip the first two weeks of my new semester just to go back to Malaysia. Although it was short, it sure was a fun trip :) Caught up with some of my college, church and high-school friends, tho I must confess I do feel a lil bad for not meeting up with a lot more of close friends. So, for any short-comings, I sincerely apologize ! Time was truly against me !

Anyway, just a short summary of what I did back in Malaysia. The first half of the break, I was busy staying at home doing my assignment =.= FUN MUCH ! Damn sien....You see, I took a course during the winter break, Portfolio Management. During the first class, I nearly went to the course adviser to request for a change of program cause I was sooo homesick and just wanted to fly back. Thank God I dint tho, cause it turn out to be the most rewarding finance course I ever took ! Regardless of what marks I would get, I was happy to be taught by such a passionate lecturer, it was truly an enlightening one month crash-course program.

Alright coming back to my trip, to be honest, I felt kinda left out. Things kinda change back in Canaan Baptist. Gone were the days of Mafia or Snowflake. Now it's just BANG!BANG!EMPORIUM!, boardgames mania..ha-hah not my cup of tea ! Whatever happen to all the human interaction, lies and deceit which can only be experienced in Mafia ! Was it not better compared to BANG ? I don't know, I may need some time to get used to it. For now, board-game outing is a NO-NO for me.

Of course, the assignment dint deter me from doing my favorite pass-time: FISHING ! I went not once, not twice but three times to Rawang. It was on the second trip, I finally got into the wall of fame of the fishing pond, as I finally got the JackPot, winning RM600, by catching a 20.5kg Redtail Catfish ! O boy, was it fun ! 

Owh, I manage to catch the Manchester City game as well. They were really impressive ! Compared to all the previous clubs which I watched, I think they are the best..out-passing, out-maneuvering our players. But I guess our national team were at a disadvantage ! People PUASA leh ! how to play ?! Come back next time, when our Harimaus are all fully fit ;)

Finally, to the wedding part. Nothing much to say, but congrats to my dear cousin and his bride ! It's a really a fairy tale come through for both of them, a testimonial to all, that Long Distance Relationship can work if you actually bothered to ! They've been together for almost 10 years. They first met during high school but only got together in Taylors doing their A-Levels, after that they were apart (Well sort-of, one's in Cambridge, the other in Cardiff) during Uni. Even after graduating, they were still divided by distance, as my cousin was working in Singapore. I really admire how they could endure so much hardship and loneliness. I for one, understand the hurdles and challenges of LDR, and in fact still facing them today. But despite, all that, they finally got married on the 27th of July 2012 :) KUDOS to them, while I strife to stay committed and endure for my relationship as well. 

Looking good with jping, matt and brandon.

Happy People


Anywho, that's about it for now. May blog bout some random thoughts if I have the time. Till then, take care peeps !

No comments: